GWAPA 2.5G Aquascaping Contest

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I agree with Sean. THe one light isn't enough. My tank wouldn't grow with just the one. I'm using 1/4 teaspoon yeast and 1 cup sugar, but I have a 2 Liter bottle on mine. Sean's recipe will work well in the smaller 20 oz. bottle.

I haven't been adding excel or dosing much at all. I'm too lazy. :)

Do you have fish or shrimp in there yet?
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

Thanks for the dosing advice!

I just added a tiny guppy and will probably add some cherry shrimp. I'm concerned that the shrimp will jump out with no lid.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting lots of bugs attracted to the light and drowning in the tank! :lol:
Jamie G

Post by Jamie G »

Cristy Keister wrote: I don't know about you, but I'm getting lots of bugs attracted to the light and drowning in the tank! :lol:
ditto for the mosquito farm
"if music be the food of love; play on"
www.goodmusicproductions.com
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I added fish from the get-go so I haven't noticed bugs, but I'm sure a few have met their demise that way. :)
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

I found a really ugly black hairy spider drowned in mine. Luckily, haven't had any more of those since then!
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Just in case this wasn't announced clearly... The contest will end at the September meeting at Aaron's house. Please be ready to bring your tank to Aaron house for judging. To limit the impact that transporting a tank may have, please be sure to also bring a picture of the tank.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I wanted to remind everyone that this months meeting will be the judging of the nano tanks. If you absolutely cannot make the meeting please post a clear picture of your tank for everyone to view.

For those of you coming to the meeting our plan is to have everyone bring their tanks with them to the meeting. I'll have a couple tables setup so that everyone can put their tanks on display and fill them back up all of the way with water. It is also advisable to bring a current picture of your tank in case it does not travel as well as we hope they will.
Jamie G

Post by Jamie G »

.. ive come the conclusion my tank is only good for a night - lite
"if music be the food of love; play on"
www.goodmusicproductions.com
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

I have a feeling that they arent going to transport very well, my filter pushes sand all over the place, I can just imagine what a car ride is going to do to it :shock:
Jeff U.

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Mine's not looking so hot right now either. Bringing a picture is likely going to be everyone's saving grace.

This is a test run in some ways so we know how to better organize contests in the future. It will be fun to see everyone's tanks and have a good laugh (at mine).

Sponsors