Buildmyled.com

Lighting, filtration etc
Aaron

Re: Buildmyled.com

Post by Aaron »

Do you know the colors he used to create #1?
jweis

Post by jweis »

I think it was mainly whites with a few reds as. However I'm not sure which whites, reds or blues. Sorry.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

I was just at their site and don't see the "Julie" fixture there. Anyone know what he intends to call it and when it will be available? I need another light.

Thanks

jim
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

Just talked to Nick the owner of Buildmyled. They're hoping to launch their new website this week with 7 different planted tank light options as standards.

I'll likely order the 75d Dutch Planted Tank light to go with my 90d Show Tank light which I'll move to the rear. The DPT light will have lower PAR but with the two lights it should be plenty.

Still deciding as the bluer ShowTank light spectrum facilitates closer intermodal spacing according to Nick.

jim
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

Check out www.buildmyled.com new website!

jim
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Very nice update! Is the 6300k (dutch) light the same as the Geissman prototype?
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

I wonder about the colors in the photos I'm seeing. The Dutch and 10000K Planted look too yellow to me. Reds in the Iwagumi are washed out. The Fish Focus Blue 13000K looks the best. Can that be right?
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

When I talked to Nick, the Dutch and the Geissman are not the same but close. In blind testing the Dutch won out with PT enthusiasts when they did their tour earlier this year.

Cristy, my daughter is a painter and very picky about color fidelity on her artwork. After countless hours of tweaking and testing I can assure you that evaluating color on your monitor is a complete waste of time even if your monitors are calibrated since you don't know anything about how the pictures were taken or edited.

I'm probably going to order the Dutch in a 75d spread to go with my 90d "Show Tank" which I had previously purchased. I'll move the show tank light to the rear. I'll use my two timers for now to adjust the joules per day on target until I can get their timer/dimmer which is now in test.

jim

ps. shameless plug http://www.artistkatiemiller.com
turfboss

Post by turfboss »

Jim - shameless as it may be (LOL) - the plug was certainly worth checking out - your daughter is obviously very talented and some of the work is extremely interesting - if you din't click on that link maybe you should just take a minute and check it out - http://www.artistkatiemiller.com
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

Just ordered the Dutch 75d. Now to fix my CO2 leak.

jim

Sponsors