January Meeting

News & upcoming events
scientist0724

January Meeting

Post by scientist0724 »

We are excited for the first GWAPA meeting of 2023! Please join us on Saturday, January 28th, at 1:00 pm in Falls Church.

Let us know if you are coming and what you might be bringing to the auction and if you are bringing snacks to share.

Details will be posted on the home page soon!!!
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
halak

Re: January Meeting

Post by halak »

I'll be there. I'm not sure what I will bring, but if someone wants some easy plants, just ask me.
Viktor
Allen

Post by Allen »

I have a kangaroo foot fern I picked up at a reptile expo. One disclaimer is that the plant is probably going to be too large for most vivariums at full size. Is there any interest?

I should also mention that if I'm able to come to this meeting I'll buy a bag of platinum soil for real this time.
halak

Post by halak »

Allen, just let me know if you are coming for sure, so that I bring you the soil.

Also, I will most likely bring chocolate chip cookies.
Viktor
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

For the 'shoes off' thing... Gavin is wearing a boot. He can't really remove it...is that going to be a problem? We will happily bring wipes to clean it before walking around, but he can't go barefoot.
JLW

Post by JLW »

I think we've changed hosts so that it doesn't much matter.
><>
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

Sheila wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:39 pm For the 'shoes off' thing... Gavin is wearing a boot. He can't really remove it...is that going to be a problem? We will happily bring wipes to clean it before walking around, but he can't go barefoot.
No worries Sheila - that's perfectly reasonable and no reason he will need to take it off. It's just to keep my other half sane since it's what we normally do :)
Best, Corey
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

kerokero wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:46 pm
Sheila wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:39 pm For the 'shoes off' thing... Gavin is wearing a boot. He can't really remove it...is that going to be a problem? We will happily bring wipes to clean it before walking around, but he can't go barefoot.
No worries Sheila - that's perfectly reasonable and no reason he will need to take it off. It's just to keep my other half sane since it's what we normally do :)
Thank you! We do as well, so understand!
Allen

Post by Allen »

Anyone interested in isopods? I have overpopulating colonies of Dairy Cow Isopods (Porcellio laevis) and Zebra Isopods (Armadillium maculatum). I only request 5 dollars only to make myself feel better about paying 20 dollars each for the starters and then not doing anything with them. I will also be willing to trade.
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

I'll be bringing a lot of plants, as I have not thinned out my tanks since the holiday party.

I'll probably bring some baked goods, just haven't decided what I want to make yet. Maybe a cherry cheesecake brownie.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein

Sponsors