Dec. 4th - Holiday Potluck Signup

News & upcoming events
krisw
Site Admin

Dec. 4th - Holiday Potluck Signup

Post by krisw »

December 4th, 1:00pm

Viktor has graciously volunteered to host our party at his home in Montgomery Village, MD. Please post what you are bringing in this thread so that we can be sure to have a nice variety of items.
Last edited by krisw on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B Considine

Post by B Considine »

Leftovers? Seriously, I'll think of something.

Blaise
John G

Post by John G »

I plan on attending, but I don't kinow yet what I'll bring.
John Godbey
Springfield, VA
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I'm planning to be there. Trying to decide if I want to compete with Arlene for dessert. :D
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

LOL! I'm going to be making at least a 30 layer crepe cake called a Mille-Fleur. It will have chocolate crepes with a hazelnut creme filling in each layer topped with a chocolate ganache. And if I have time, maybe a croquembouche if I feel adventurous.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
B Considine

Post by B Considine »

scientist0724 wrote:LOL! I'm going to be making at least a 30 layer crepe cake called a Mille-Fleur. It will have chocolate crepes with a hazelnut creme filling in each layer topped with a chocolate ganache. And if I have time, maybe a croquembouche if I feel adventurous.

Arlene
Diabetes, here I come!
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

scientist0724 wrote:LOL! I'm going to be making at least a 30 layer crepe cake called a Mille-Fleur. It will have chocolate crepes with a hazelnut creme filling in each layer topped with a chocolate ganache. And if I have time, maybe a croquembouche if I feel adventurous.

Arlene
So, I won't be bringing a dessert....

I read it at first as though the cake will have at least 30 layers. Go for 40 layers. Why stop at 30? :lol:
ingg

Post by ingg »

Aaron wrote:

Arlene

I read it at first as though the cake will have at least 30 layers. Go for 40 layers. Why stop at 30? :lol:
It is I think.

Crepes are a French (but thicker) version of Phyllo dough, maybe 1/8" thick. They are often layered just like Phyllo is for a flaky texture.

Think of thick Baklavah dough, or a pastry tortilla. Baklavah is often 40 layers.... while only ending up 2" tall. ;)
Dave
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

ingg wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Arlene

It is I think.

Crepes are a French (but thicker) version of Phyllo dough, maybe 1/8" thick. They are often layered just like Phyllo is for a flaky texture.

Think of thick Baklavah dough, or a pastry tortilla. Baklavah is often 40 layers.... while only ending up 2" tall. ;)
Yeah, I know all about crepes. I only meant the wording at first had me thinking she might not stop at 30 layers.
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

LOL guys! I'm going to make as many crepes as the batter allows me to make. And of course, I won't be including the ones that I mess up!

You guys are now starting to make me feel the pressure of making this dessert! I hope that I don't disappoint. :shock:

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein

Sponsors