Dolomite

Nutrients, fertilization, substrates etc
Tim_Koles

Dolomite

Post by Tim_Koles »

So I have been looking all over for some Dolomite to make up some mineralized soil and can't find it anywhere. Most things marked Dolomite are actually limestone which is slightly different. Going to try a couple other places over the next week but im not hopeful.

I was able to find what I think is actually Dolomite from an organic store online. Its a 50 pound bag for $17. Shipping of course is expensive at around $65.

Anyone interested in splitting the cost if I end up going this way?
Tim_Koles

Re: Dolomite

Post by Tim_Koles »

Both of these, especially the Tractor Suppy one, are Dolomite Limestone which I have been told is a different thing.
Allen

Re: Dolomite

Post by Allen »

Tim_Koles wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:43 pm Both of these, especially the Tractor Suppy one, are Dolomite Limestone which I have been told is a different thing.
They're the same mineral, it's just that most limestone sold nowadays is pulverized and then turned into pellets. Dolomite is just a type of limestone that contains lots of magnesium. The original dolomite used in the recipe was kept as chunks of rock. I was able to use dolomite pellets pretty successfully without any obvious toxicity problems so I don't think it's been contaminated by anything during processing.

Sponsors