Best Daily DIY Fert Mix

Nutrients, fertilization, substrates etc
Rick Dotson

Best Daily DIY Fert Mix

Post by Rick Dotson »

I just wanted to see what you all thought. It is surprising how many articles I surf about aquatic plants are posted by GWAPA members.

I am currently dosing PPS pro but think I am PO4 limited. I am thinking of moving to an EI daily wet solution but dose at half strength. That would bump up my PO4 but not so high to get run away growth or algae.

Tank is medium to high light with 85% substrate plant coverage. The tank has been set up for about 5 weeks. Plant growth is good. A little bit of green spot and a little bit of hair algae. The glosso is doing well in the front foreground with 150 par.

So far everything is good but I want to dial it in a little more. I am not getting any pearling so I believe I can dose a little higher without getting into trouble.

Good to see everyone seems to be doing well I am looking forward to the Karen Randall talk.
GOT MTS?

Re: Best Daily DIY Fert Mix

Post by GOT MTS? »

Hi Rick,

I had pretty good luck using Ghazanfar's recipe. I would mix up 2 gallons at time and dose every other day. I did find that p04 was a little high for me running mostly low to medium light setups. Nice thing is you can tweak it to your needs and dosing dry salts is a very cheap option. Recipe is below, at the bottom, good luck.

https://www.gwapa.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... 2&start=20
Rick Dotson

Re: Best Daily DIY Fert Mix

Post by Rick Dotson »

Thanks MTS. I have the old PMDD chemicals from the early 2000s. I need to find a source for those additional nitrates.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Sponsors