brightwell aquatics euro substrate

Nutrients, fertilization, substrates etc
plant57va

brightwell aquatics euro substrate

Post by plant57va »

OK FOLKS:

Who is presently using the Brightwell Aquatics substrates, and what are your opinions?

I am getting ready to set up two new tanks,
a 45 tall (36x12x28h) and I am having a time trying to decide which product to use....
This is sort of a trial tank as I have an empty 75 gallon(48x18x20?) that I am getting ready to also set up, but I haven't decided what product to use so I
decided to do this 45 first to give me some sort of beta test for my larger tank.
I am open to opinions, or suggestions.
also, does anyone "mix" their substrates,, ie.... aquasoil and flourite or brightwell and aquasoil?
thanks for your input
david
GOT MTS?

Re: brightwell aquatics euro substrate

Post by GOT MTS? »

I mix my substrates, it's easy, the hard part is unmixing them ;)
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

I've been using Brightwell's substrate in my 75G for the last year+. It's a bit lighter than AquaSoil, but all in all, is a nice substrate. In this tank, there's some blending between the foreground sand and brightwell substrate, but it is designed to be used alone. There's no reason to mix it except for aesthetic reasons, and even then, be careful about compaction.
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

I'm using Brightwell substrates in a few tanks. If you go with the XF, your plants should stay down pretty well. I use mostly the M and F sizes and, in some tanks, have mixed sand in to help keep plants down. It is a lightweight substrate, so you get much more volume out of a 5 lb bag of that than you would a 5lb bag of sand.

I have aquasoil in some tanks, too, and I find the Brightwell doesn't cloud the way aquasoil does when you're planting in it, or fish dig in it. I do really like it.

Sponsors