DIY flood light led

Why buy when you can DIY?
Mopar32985

DIY flood light led

Post by Mopar32985 »

Hey guys just bought 2 of these 20 watt led flood lights off amazong to try them out on my new 40 breeder setup. Seen a few video on ppl have success with these. Anyone here have tried them. Mine were $13 each on amazon think i might only need to use. In the picture thats just with one of them on. Exscuse the ugly tank been sitting in storage for a long time. one.ImageImage

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
swmnwdafishes

Re: DIY flood light led

Post by swmnwdafishes »

I did a LED retrofit of a Coralife Aqualight 36" dual T5 fixture that I bought at a local fish meeting auction for $1 because it had a bad ballast.

I bought 5 packs of these 17cm 6W daytime running light LEDs on eBay for $1.50ea, disassembled them to just the boards, soldered them all together, and siliconed them in the fixture in about 20 mins. Total cost of build was $8.50 and it puts out quite a bit of light. Pictures do not do it justice.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Please do not tap on glass. It scares the plants.
Mopar32985

Post by Mopar32985 »

swmnwdafishes wrote:I did a LED retrofit of a Coralife Aqualight 36" dual T5 fixture that I bought at a local fish meeting auction for $1 because it had a bad ballast.

I bought 5 packs of these 17cm 6W daytime running light LEDs on eBay for $1.50ea, disassembled them to just the boards, soldered them all together, and siliconed them in the fixture in about 20 mins. Total cost of build was $8.50 and it puts out quite a bit of light. Pictures do not do it justice.
ImageImageImage

Nice man what color temp are they. Also how did it do with plant growth

swmnwdafishes

Post by swmnwdafishes »

About 6000K. They're Chinese made, so not much documentation. They only come in cool or warm white options, not specific temps.

Plant growth is fine. Commercial white LEDs for plants come anywhere from 5000-7500K.

Please do not tap on glass. It scares the plants.
Mopar32985

Post by Mopar32985 »

swmnwdafishes wrote:About 6000K. They're Chinese made, so not much documentation. They only come in cool or warm white options, not specific temps.

Plant growth is fine. Commercial white LEDs for plants come anywhere from 5000-7500K.

Nice will let you all know how well the led flood loght works out

captmicha

Post by captmicha »

You don't need to know the lumen output?

Sponsors