T8 compatible LEDs

Why buy when you can DIY?
Sonny Disposition

T8 compatible LEDs

Post by Sonny Disposition »

Hey, this is interesting:

Any thoughts on how this would do over a planted tank?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo ... oduct/870/
Bob

You never know what you're going to find, or where you're going to find it. So keep looking.
JLW

Re: T8 compatible LEDs

Post by JLW »

My thought ... It's $70 and only 1600 lumen. $/Lumen, that actually makes it fairly expensive, as LEDs go.
><>
150EH

Post by 150EH »

I agree or at least from my experience that light would be good on a 29 gallon tank at best, so you would need several on a larger tank.

What size is your tank?
Sincerely,
Tim
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

I've used a different T8 LED light in the past in a typical shop light, and didn't contain any white light so the plants looks brown/reddish. The cool white one should grow plants, but you'd want to get one, and measure the PAR at different distances to determine how suitable it really would be.
Sonny Disposition

Post by Sonny Disposition »

I'd be likely to try it in one of the shop lights over my 33 long, or my 55.
150EH wrote:I agree or at least from my experience that light would be good on a 29 gallon tank at best, so you would need several on a larger tank.

What size is your tank?
Bob

You never know what you're going to find, or where you're going to find it. So keep looking.
150EH

Post by 150EH »

They definately work but some of them are a little on the weak side. The smaller screw in bulbs (LED) are a great idea but you would need at least 4 of them on a 10 gallon tank to get enough light, so I think the 4 foot tube will work but even with 2 of them you may have to run a second light fixture if you tank is deep or if you have plants that require high light.

The 33 long sounds like a shallow tank which makes it a perfect canidate for these lights.
Sincerely,
Tim

Sponsors