Background

Why buy when you can DIY?
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

You could aquascape with old processors and chips and boards and stuff :) Would add a neat sparkly effect with the lights and the water rippling reflecting off of the metal bits... then you could get Electric Blue Jack Dempseys to fit with the theme... :wink:
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

eleontie wrote:At least you found a way to relate the two thanks to this thread. Could anyone tell me how to relate microprocessor security research and aquascaping :) ?

Eugen
Both deal with leaks and overflows. :lol:
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

Just bring a bunch of samples... while black and blue are traditional, you could use all sorts of colors depending on the colors involved in the tank. A maroon could help bring out some of the reds in plants/fish near the front of the tank, dark brown/blue/green/grey could give the idea of shadowy depths, etc. An off white might help you not blow out your colors so much during photography like a true white would, etc etc (for those of you that remember the Kris' talk that I got chatty during).
Best, Corey
eleontie

Post by eleontie »

forgot about one color :
green makes the dust algae on the glass less visible
... ooh you don't have any algae ... shhh , me neither :wink:
Eugen
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

Algae is a natural part of the ecosystem, so I expect to have some! Certain greens can be used to pull out colors from other parts of the tank. But I also like that those walls would beg for me to clean them all the time. It also can make it look like there's a clump of plants/moss in the distance..... or so I would likely tell myself.
Best, Corey
Rick Dotson

Post by Rick Dotson »

My background is blue and I have never really like it.

I recently read that the green color of the plants clashes with the blue and the article stated that a black background is more pleasing to the eye.

I would be interested in the vinyl if I can put it on without moving the tank.
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

The bright blues that you often see for fish tanks drives me nuts... while I'd say it can work with some of the really bright coral tanks, it's too bright and tends to compete with the colors in the freshwater tanks (white can be a similar issue). A darker tinted blue would be fine tho. Black is easier on the eyes... it's actually more comfortable for our eyes to have a black website with light colored text than the typical light background and dark text 8)

I also like the idea of changable backgrounds... say if you do a tinted blue that no longer fits with your scheme you can change it with another one!
Best, Corey
jcali10

Post by jcali10 »

I just wanted to let everyone know, I finally applied the vinyl background I got from Jen to my 29G, and it looks great. The recommended spray bottle of water and squeegy made it so easy to do. I couldn't be happier with the results. :) I didn't even need to trim it all, the dimensions were perfect.
Joe
ricoishere

Post by ricoishere »

his soounds prety interesting. Too bad I literally just finished painting the back of my aquarium dark green!
Rome wasn't built in a day

I can grow any algae!

:roll:

Sponsors