PH Monitors

Lighting, filtration etc
FishNChips
GWAPA Member

PH Monitors

Post by FishNChips »

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for a continuous pH monitor.
WET Aquaria

Re: PH Monitors

Post by WET Aquaria »

Depends on several factors. Something like the milwaukee will do continous monitoring, but you have to look at it. You can start getting into aquarium controllers if you want the data recorded. I have used Apex units for years with decent success, but you are going to pay. You do get the benefits of the apex fusion dashboard (accessiblefromanywherewithinternet), infinite data logging to compare over time graphs, the ability to control proprietary outlets, and some other stuff. Apex is pretty plug and play.

You also have hydros, which I believe is a little cheaper. GHL is between hardware, but worse software. If you are diy inclined, reef pi can work for cheaper, but some troubleshooting required. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.
FishNChips
GWAPA Member

Post by FishNChips »

Thanks, very useful.

I am just looking for something simple, not really a controller. Just a digital ph monitor that I put in my tank to keep an eye on the ph levels instead of those terrible test kits. I have a planted tank (w/ C02) and african cichlid tank I want to monitor the ph more closely
WET Aquaria

Post by WET Aquaria »

Np. One thing to consider, when you calibrate a ph probe, you use 2 reference solutions. For reefs, this is 7 and 10. For many freshwater is 7 and 4. Depending on if your target is above or below 7, this will determine the solution you need. Not sure of your target for Africans and co2.

Sponsors