Water Lily planters

Lighting, filtration etc
Tim_Koles

Water Lily planters

Post by Tim_Koles »

So I have been looking for planters for my water lilies but I'm too cheap to but the recommended tubs from the plant vendors. The tubs they sell are about 16 inch in diameter and 7 inches deep and run about 15 bucks each. Not that bad but if you have a bunch of lilies they add up and I figured I could do better. A little bit of looking and ta da.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/20-x-15 ... %20BK.html

These are tubs used to bus table at restaurants. They are rectangular at 21 inches by 15 inches and 7 inches deep. Best thing is they are $2.99 each and cheaper still if you buy more then 12. Shipping was about $2 per unit but that only brings it up to about $5. Also I got them sent ground and they arrived in two days. I checked them out and they are really nice and sturdy. Now to move my stock plants to these from the dollar store units I was using which worked but are too small for the larger plants
Cristy Keister

Re: Water Lily planters

Post by Cristy Keister »

Linus_Cello

Post by Linus_Cello »

Let us know how you hey do after the winter.
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Yeah oil pans were a thought but I think there a little on the small size especially depth wise. I definitely will see how they do through the season and over winter. I have high hopes though, they seem to be built nicely.
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Scanning through the site and came upon one of my other posts and decided it's time for an update.

I have been using the bus boy tubs for a couple years now and I couldn't be happier. They are holding up great and while the price went up a smidge last year, they are still extremely cheap in comparison to tubs specifically sold for lotus/liles. If you have these plants, and a big enough pond to put these into, use these tubs.

ok not sure why this posted twice but I guess I second my own opinion!
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

Would you drill holes in them for in-pond use?
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Nope. They sink just fine as is. You want to be able to keep all that soil in. The soil for lilies and lotus is fine silt/sand so holes ghouls let that flow out easily

Sponsors