CO2 for nano

Lighting, filtration etc
jweis

CO2 for nano

Post by jweis »

Well, the little AZOO CO2 system I gave my Mom works, but it is almost out of CO2 (accidentally bumped the wrong knob) already. There is no place that can refill it out here because it is a non standard size.

So, Plan B is to order something for her online and have it shipped to her. Preferrably already filled with CO2, and needs to be a standard size fittings. It would need a regulator, and it can't be huge. I'm looking to not spend a fortune, because this gift I gave her is quickly costing me a bundle. :roll:

Any suggestions?
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
150EH

Re: CO2 for nano

Post by 150EH »

The only small systems I've seen are from Green Leaf at $169ish and ADA, good luck.

Sincerely,
Tim
jweis

Post by jweis »

It doesn't have to be super small. She can sit in on the floor, but a standard size 5lb tank or so would be good.
Julie
tug

Post by tug »

That looks like the Atomic V3 co2 regulator with needle valve and solenoid. It should also fit standard CO2 Cylinders.
Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
Mixed with the sound of water's murmuring
a sensitive plant in a garden grows.
Jim Miller

Post by Jim Miller »

I'd just get a single stage regulator, etc that fits on a 5lb cylinder. Messing with "nano" stuff just is a exercise in frustration. Been there...

jim
tug

Post by tug »

I have always believed (been told) the same things about "nano" stuff but this might be different. The only extra parts you need are the diffuser and bubble counter. The solenoid might be every bit as good as a Burkert or Clippard and the single stage regulator has a preset working pressure, incorporates a PRV valve and reportedly, the drop in co2 gas in the cylinder has no effect on the working pressure. There is a V2, paintball version and the V3, for CGA320 cylinder valves. My main concern would be the quality of the needle valve.

http://blog.greenleafaquariums.com/2012 ... ulator-v3/
http://greenleafaquariums.com/co2-regulators.html
tug

Post by tug »

if you needed a better needle valve (not saying you will) for $35 you could add The NV-55-18 Micro-Fine™ Needle Valve. http://www.fabco-air.com/products/flow_ ... 55-18.html
jweis

Post by jweis »

Thanks all. I bought her a milwaukee regulator and a ph controller/monitor. She will pick up a 5 lb CO2 tank and I will walk her through hooking it up. Hopefully the ph controller/monitor will make it relatively fool-proof.
Julie

Sponsors