Tips on how to remove needle valve?

Lighting, filtration etc
takadi

Re: Tips on how to remove needle valve?

Post by takadi »

But lefty loosey doesn't rhyme! Must be wrong...hmmm

But anyway, the needle valve is attached to the solenoid, so I took that apart. So all I have left is the needle valve attached to the metal cube thingy (sorry don't know the technical term). So hopefully no danger of damaging a very expensive solenoid and regulator diaphragm

I am wondering however, is there a reason why they use thread locker to bind the needle valve? Is this to seal up leaks? I would suspect not because all the other joints in the regulator do not seem to have this glue.
takadi

Post by takadi »

Okay so I FINALLY removed the needle valve with two pairs of vice grips. I am freaking in love with vice grips now btw. Anyways, I screwed on a splitter I got from aquacave

http://www.aquacave.com/2-Outlet-CO2-Ma ... 68C38.aspx

and when I ran it, it was leaking quite a lot where it was screwed on to the solenoid. So do I have to apply loctite like the manufacturers did to the original needle valve? Did I get the wrong size? Is teflon tape good enough to seal it?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Pics?

Teflon tape would be better as it also lubricates the threads making it easier to tighten it farther.
150EH

Post by 150EH »

Teflon is good but with fine threads a wind and a half is good, if you put 4 or 5 winds of tape you won't be able to get the threads in very deep.

Do not use locktite on anything but you can use a Teflon/PTFE pipe dope, just remember with either the tape or dope to keep it on the threads only and away from the end or tip, good luck.
Sincerely,
Tim

Sponsors