Rain Barrel buy opportunity

Lighting, filtration etc
ingg

Rain Barrel buy opportunity

Post by ingg »

Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Web Site: http://www.recyclecarroll.org

Did you know that having 1,000 residents in your community actively composting would divert
600,000 pounds of organic waste from going to the landfill? It is estimated that 25 percent of the average household’s
waste consists of yard trimmings and kitchen scraps that could easily be composted into a rich soil additive for your lawn
and garden. For example, coffee grounds are a natural resource when you have a compost bin, and so are a lot of other
kitchen scraps you might otherwise throw away.
Did you know that 1 inch of rain falling on a 1,000-square-foot roof harvests up to 600 gallons of rainwater for use
on lawns and gardens without turning on a tap? A rain barrel helps you hold onto rainwater and use it for your garden.
To help residents’ conservation efforts, Carroll County Government Recycling Operations will host a truckload
sale (rain or shine) of “The Earth Machine”™ and The SYSTERN rain barrel on Saturday, May 21, from 9 a.m. to 4
p.m. at the Go Local Fair, Carroll County Farm Museum, 500 S. Center St., Westminster. Composters will sell for $45 (tax
included), a $100 value, and The SYSTERN rain barrels will be $55 (tax included), a $120 value. Cash, check and credit
card sales will be accepted. Sales are on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last. Other items for sale include
compost turners and kitchen scrap pails. The Carroll County Master Gardeners and Carroll County Government Recycling
Operations will be on hand to demonstrate how to use these items.
For more information, contact Carroll County Government Recycling Operations at 410-386-2035, or visit
www.earthmachine.com and www.norsemanplastics.com.
Dave
ingg

Post by ingg »

Short version -

Systern Rain barrels, which are made with replacable parts, for $55 tax included.

Last one I bought was made locally, but was made with some parts I still can't find, and of course snapped...
Dave
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

Holy :shock: That's an awesome price for those rain barrels! Think of not having to pay for the water for your fish again...

I remember the carnivorous plant guy we visited used this technique to gather water for his sensitive CPs. Something like 1700g tanks sitting under his garden...
Best, Corey
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

Who's going to pick up the barrels and bring them to the next meeting??? :lol:

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Do you have to be a Carroll County resident?
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

Im pretty sure you have to be a CC resident.
Jeff U.

B Considine

Post by B Considine »

I wonder if Howard does something similar?

Blaise
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

I know Baltimore county did something similar last Saturday.
FrannyB

Post by FrannyB »

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGFDlkJOdaM

Demo for making your own starts at 1:30 mins.

Use a 55-gallon drum and the following parts from Lowes: 212957, 22690, 22681, 22682, 2203
Francine
Once you go Dutch you can't stop trimming.

http://www.capitalcichlids.org
takadi

Post by takadi »

There is someone in Fort washington MD who posts on craigslist and he builds rain barrels that he sells for 45 bucks. 55 gallons each. They are pretty cheap when it comes to construction but it does job decently

Sponsors