TC party?

Using tissue culture to propagate plants.

Moderator: Ghazanfar Ghori

Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

TC party?

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

A few folks at the GWAPA meeting were tossing about the idea of having a Tissue culture 'party'.

You'd bring your own supplies to:
- Make media
- Divide existing cultures
- Make new cultures
- Share experiences, knowledge, tips & tricks.

Just trying to gauge the level of interest - see if its worth trying to put something together. Again - you'd be responsible for your own supplies, but fi enough people need stuff, we could also probably put an order through Phytotech and split shipping / product.
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

Sounds like a good idea.

I haven't made the time to go passed the class last year and speaking with others who attended, I don't appear to be alone.

This would be the push we need to do something with our materials and not loose our skills.

Cheers.
Jim
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

Amy and I would might be in for that, but only if it's after the Holidays (this time of year is crazy).
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

I'd be interested, but obviously I'm a bit far away to be reliable.

The class came just as people were about to get busy for the summer, and I think it threw everyone off. A refresher might be in order for everyone. Would be good for some people who couldn't come that day too.
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Any real interest here? If so, I can set up a date / location and something to allow 'registration'.
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

Ltrepeter2000

Post by Ltrepeter2000 »

I would be in if we set this up. I would need at least a month to be able to budget the supplies since my aquarium budget is wrapped in the Ken's food order. End of March will see me able to get the appropriate stuff for this.
Robert Peterson
"Mr. Sarcastic"

The work will wait while you show a child a rainbow,
but the rainbow wont wait while you do the work

-Unknown-
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

It's after summer and getting near the end of popular vacation time so maybe this becomes more of a possibility.

Figured I'd bump this since I'm getting rather rusty, and want to give some jewel orchids another go. I'd like to try something more aquatic as well, but not sure I have anything particularly unusual I'd like to try. Maybe I need to get my hands on some cool anubias or something?

Dare I mention some orchid babies that want out of their container :shock:
Best, Corey
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

For anyone going to the AGA convention, don't forget there is a big tissue culture workshop that will be given by Mike Kaine. Its first come first serve basis and seating is limited.
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Revisit this?
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

kerokero

Post by kerokero »

I would definately like to revisit this, I want to give them a go again, and have some orchids from seed that probably should be transferred into a new jar soon. I'm determined to do some of these jewel orchids, especially since I'm sitting on a variegated beauty!
Best, Corey

Sponsors