African Violet

Using tissue culture to propagate plants.

Moderator: Ghazanfar Ghori

DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

Geez. I don't check in for a few days and I get signed up for all sorts of things!

My violet was used as a fun toy, dragged out of its pot and all across two rooms of carpet before finding its way (with help) to the cavern under the couch where all the rest of the now-boring cat toys wind up. After following the trail of potting soil and a few choice words, it was rescued and sent to the plant spa at mother's house. It is recovering nicely and has almost forgotten about the traumatic event, I've been told.

Transporting more "toys" to the meeting shouldn't be a problem. I will make sure to pick them up and *not* bring them into the house to be tortured.

Now... about my fee... I think I will require a sample of a certain crypt culture that I was outbid on twice at the last meeting. Yes, that should be sufficient. :twisted:

And Viktor... don't you dare say things like that unless you mean them! I WILL show up with a cat for you. Or two or three... pick a color, any color... :)
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Psst. Don't pick black, all of her cats are black right now. :lol:
halak

Post by halak »

The color doesn't matter; the only thing I would want in a cat is for it to be able to perform water changes. And Jen knows that. :P
Viktor
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

Jen, can I borrow a couple cats to chain up outside to kill rabbits and chipmunks that are digging up my grass, flowers, ect? :mrgreen:
Jeff U.

halak

Post by halak »

Actually, I did catch a mouse in our place a few days ago, so the cat would serve multiple purpose (not just changing my tank water).
Viktor
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

I'm still working on the water changing cat. Found out we have one that likes to hop in with the foster mom when she takes a bath and play in the water. THAT's weird.

Jeff-- no borrowing. Sorry. And IME cats don't tend to like being chained up outdoors... and certainly don't like to hunt while chained up outdoors. Why don't you get one of those rat dog things. :P
It is not murder if you're killing snails.

Sponsors