update

Using tissue culture to propagate plants.

Moderator: Ghazanfar Ghori

Aaron

update

Post by Aaron »

Well so far my Anubias 'Gold' cultures went south. The Crypt ideii and African violets are still holding strong though.
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

Mine (Anubias 'Gold') still looks OK, but its not doing anything that I can tell.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Mine did grow some roots and then lots of mold. :D
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

I can't tell that mine has done anything. Sitting there like a bump. I'll look closer.
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

So far it doesn't seem that I've gotten mold growth on anything but still keeping fingers crossed - the jewel orchid Goodyera hispida was my big contamination worry but that has an overlay on it that I swirl it in.

One of the stems that Ghazanfar brought had it's segment curl upwards in an almost half circle and the ends went black, but I'm not sure if it's pissed off and dying, or what?

Otherwise no obvious anything... growth or otherwise. Possible node growth on some stuff, but short of a bioscope I can't confirm that. Don't remember how soon I should be seeing stuff.
Best, Corey
DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

My Anubias 'Gold' looks like it might be going as well. I see some tiny hairs developing on it. Looks like It might be developing some mould.

Cheers.
Jim
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

Or it reached puberty.
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

LMAO

Good news for me, my awkardly shaped stem plant is happy and sending out stems. At least I know I didn't kill that one... The jewel orchid might be about ready to do so as well, as there are some clear node developments. Then again, other parts of it have gone clear, so I don't know if its happy or dying :roll: The AVs are showing some damage around where the leaves were cut, but otherwise just sitting there. The orchid seeds are too damn little!

Looks like Ben's Anubias sitting like a bump is doing the best then?
Best, Corey
Judi

Post by Judi »

No mold so far on anything.

I think I'm seeing a couple tiny bumps on one of the African Violet leaves, but I'm not sure. The two stem plants are both showing some growth at the nodes. The venus flytrap is mostly just sitting there, although one small section is blackening. The banana plant has sent out a new leaf. The orchid seeds are doing nothing.
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

Does anyone know what a resonable time frame is for us to see growth? I'm sure it is different for each kinda of plant but 1 week?.... 2 weeks?

The orchid seed was dry seed. It could takes weeks. I sowed some that took almost 2 months to germinate. It will turn green when it does.

Sponsors