Crypt wendtii TC Study

Using tissue culture to propagate plants.

Moderator: Ghazanfar Ghori

DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

marydotson wrote:Catch me up on this...Is this what these formulas really mean:

Formula 1: You have one crypt and need to come up with a clean culture (cuz you never know what dirty stuff hangs out in swamps).
Formula 2: You have a clean culture growing--let's subculture it and re-subculture it until you have a zillion plantlets.
Formula 3: Crikey, your basement is filled with test tubes, but nothing growing is bigger than a grain of sand! Subculture a couple of those puppies into new flasks and get them to grow bigger!

Now I have to get more stuff growing immersed!
:lol:

I was talking with either Kris or Aaron about that very thing Saturday.

Picture this, in 2 years we have another North American Crypt. Society meeting during the AGA convention. Ghazanfar, Aaron, Sean, and I bury everyone else there in multiple plants of everything we brought back from Europe. Everyone ooohs and aaahhs about how great the plants look.

Then, the questions.... Hey Ghazanfar, what's that jello looking stuff on my plants? Hey Jim, the plant looks great how do I grow it? Um, I don't remember. I have all my plants growing in agar. :lol:

Cheers.
Jim
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

Ben Belton wrote:Step 2 from here forward shall be referred to as the "Greedy Aaron"
Right and step three is the fatten them up step, or the "Ben wants green beans" step.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)

Sponsors