best algae eater amano vs Caridina babaulti?

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
jweis

Re: best algae eater amano vs Caridina babaulti?

Post by jweis »

sns26 wrote:My amanos were awfully shy for a long while. In retrospect, I think it is because there was trace ammonia in the water. Takes a long time to fully cycle a tank.
Yes, I had trouble with shrimp in my tank with AquaSoil for several months. Now, nine months later, they are doing very well and breeding. One must be patient with shrimp and AquaSoil.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
jweis

Post by jweis »

I use Omega One Super Color Flakes. It does not contain copper and the first three ingredients are Whole Salmon, Halibut, and Seafood Mix (Krill, Rockfish & Shrimp). I buy it from PetSmart.

For the shrimp I supplement with some expensive Japanese flakes and the new shrimp gel from Rachel.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
sfarkhan

Post by sfarkhan »

jweis wrote:I use Omega One Super Color Flakes. It does not contain copper and the first three ingredients are Whole Salmon, Halibut, and Seafood Mix (Krill, Rockfish & Shrimp). I buy it from PetSmart.

For the shrimp I supplement with some expensive Japanese flakes and the new shrimp gel from Rachel.
Thanks! I saw a shrimp out for a few minutes in the grass.
I'll take a look at those options, currently the angels pick out all the sinking algae tabs once they've hoovered the flakes from the surface. I'll see if there are Omega One pellets that I can use to supplement the tabs - The hair grass is almost long enough to hide the food from them.
Shahriar (Shah-ry-are)

Sponsors