Rummynosed Tetras

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
150EH

Rummynosed Tetras

Post by 150EH »

I know Rummy's are famous for dropping dead when coming in as wild caught and have problems adjusting to new water. I went up to HOT and bought 5 Rummy's to add to a school of 31, maybe I should have bought 10 or more to make them feel more at ease but after I put them in the tank one died for the the next 2 morning, so I call HOT to let them know and they didn't really care, now it's 12 days later and another one just drop dead. I never loose fish, not Rummy's, Oto's, or any other easy to kill species and when I purchased them they had nice color but take a look at this guy after 24 hours in my tank, btw he lived or could have been todays casualty.

Sincerely,
Tim
Jim Miller

Re: Rummynosed Tetras

Post by Jim Miller »

Rachel often has one of the "rummynose" variants. She cares...

jim
150EH

Post by 150EH »

I'm just bidding my time waiting for some old timers to pass so I can up my RNT school to 60 or 70, so I don't want to switch up mid stream but needless to say she does and it shows when you receive her stock.
Sincerely,
Tim
takadi

Post by takadi »

I bought some rummynoses from HOT and they are extremely healthy, didn't lose a single one. Maybe you got a bad batch? I drip acclimated mine

Sponsors