Ramshorn snails

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
150EH

Re: Ramshorn snails

Post by 150EH »

I just order some Oto's, Amano's, and one Zebra Nerite, I wanted to have a little bit more of a cleaning crew but dismissed the idea of an Assassin snail, I want critters that are working for me and not something that will need feeding, like a snail that need protein. I have never kept a snail on purpose so the Nerite will be new for me but thanks for the heads up on the Assassin not eating Ramshorn snails. I'm still tonging away with a total of about 25 or 30 today but had an off day yesterday with 10 or 15.

What do you use for bait in that Sera trap, they had one on Amazon for $8 and I already had a full wish list so I might try it.
Sincerely,
Tim
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

The SERA traps work pretty well. All you need for bait is an algae wafer...although IIRC the trap will come with 6 or so "samples" of bait. One thing to note... if you leave the trap out for too long the snails WILL work their way back out, especially if there are a lot of them. So set it and check it!
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
150EH

Post by 150EH »

IIRC = ?

Thanks for all the other info.
Sincerely,
Tim
DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

If I Recall Correctly.

Cheers.
Jim
150EH

Post by 150EH »

I had my little snail trap on my wish list at Amazon and when I placed the order shipping on 7 items was $29, it turned out three items were from different vendors and they wanted $9 to ship my $8 snail trap, so it's out until I can group it with other items to ship. I really wanted to see if this thing would help.
Sincerely,
Tim

Sponsors