Shrimp Trap

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
Rick Dotson

Post by Rick Dotson »

[/quote]Man, I wish I had that problem. My Amano are doing great, but the RCS don't live long for me![/quote]

Do you put crushed coral in with your RCS? That is about all I do for them except to pull them out to sell. I found when I was changing the water every week they did worse so maybe they get one every month or two.

They seem to do better with abuse?
ricoishere

Post by ricoishere »

Rick Dotson wrote:
Man, I wish I had that problem. My Amano are doing great, but the RCS don't live long for me![/quote]

Do you put crushed coral in with your RCS? That is about all I do for them except to pull them out to sell. I found when I was changing the water every week they did worse so maybe they get one every month or two.

They seem to do better with abuse?[/quote]
No, never did that. I do provide shrimp food though. WC every week, because of the fish in there (dario/dario). Maybe I should try that.
Rome wasn't built in a day

I can grow any algae!

:roll:
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

I have a small piece of lace rock in my shrimp tanks, and my RCS are booming! If fact, I have them in all of my shrimp tanks. I also feed my shrimp veggies sticks with calcium from Ken's Fish to the shrimp.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
Chris

Post by Chris »

Rick as the weather warms a bit more here, I'll put out a wish-list. Cherry shrimp will definitely be on it, so let me know when you have your next bumper crop!
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

I've been seeing "mineral rocks" for sale on some forums, evidently a big deal for shrimp to keep them happy since it supplies some of the minerals they need (much like putting the lace rock/crushed coral and such in). I was tempted to play with the idea of giving some to tadpoles known to have calcium deficiencies! The tads probably ingested a lot of clay like substrate while scavenging for detritus/algae/diatoms in the wild - but when crushed coral was added to the water for blackwater tads there were some obvious water issues :roll:
Best, Corey
Rick Dotson

Post by Rick Dotson »

I put crushed coral in my RCS and they are doing great.

Sponsors