MTS - When is too much?

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
Jonathan Kalmes

Post by Jonathan Kalmes »

[QUOTE=Marsha Finley]I had a friend who set up a net breeders trap over the aquarium lip, and loaded it with algae wafers.. The snails invaded every evening, and VOILA!![/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Unfortunately, I have flying foxes that manage to get into EVERYTHING! I'm sure I'd be pulling them out every 15 minutes. I've got enough that I can easily get them off the glass by hand at night, so it's not that big of a deal. If a new tank is going to happen soon, I'll have to transfer the gravel anyway, so I can cull hundreds at a time when doing that.

I'm currently on vacation in Florida (might do a wee bit of collecting while here), so I won't be able to do anything till next. If I can manage to get a couple handfulls though, I'll start posting and we can work out getting an "MTS Starter Culture" to some of you. :)
--Jonathan (aka smthng)

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

Florda? Bring back some plants. You can find a
TON of stuff - just look in a roadside ditch.
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

Jonathan Kalmes

Post by Jonathan Kalmes »

Well, if the weather holds out, I'll be doing a bit of spring diving in one of my favorite old haunts, and it's absolutely loaded. Gotta go get see if I can pry some bags out of the LFS tomorrow. I'll let you know what I can bring back (which works out great, because I'll probably need you to identify most of them). :)
--Jonathan (aka smthng)

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

I seem to be the only one who's had any trouble with them. I've found that when the population gets too high the MTS start eating my plants. I've had many a leaf turned into green lace. They especially eat Pennywort, Aponogeton and my Amazon sword. This happens way before they get to the mass that Jonathan described.

I'd be glad to give away a load of them. Btw- They reproduce quite fast.

Cristy
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

Well, you guys now know what to bring to the mini auction in January!
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

Sponsors