New fish...Oryzias woworae

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

Cool. Now I have two other people to breed fish with. That way, I might be able to broaden the gene pool a little bit in the future!

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

Is there more than one Super Pets in Annandale? One the way home from the March meeting, Marlene and I stopped in the one at 4415 John Marr Drive and asked about Stiphodons and Oryzias. We spoke with a woman who was introduced as the owner and she said she hasn't had either in stock and never heard of either fish before.

Cheers.
Jim
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Jim, you might want to check with Frank's Aquarium... He had some Stiphodons at the NEC convention, but I don't recall what species...
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

Jim,

Sometimes the people there are dense. They sometimes they mislabel their fish, and half the time the staff has no idea about the fish they get in. I was just lucky the days that I went in.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
Chris

Post by Chris »

Jim -

As Arlene said, Super Petz has great imports from time to time, but the customer service is less than desirable.
And you did find the sole Super Petz in Annandale
DelawareJim

Post by DelawareJim »

Thanks for the info.

After visiting the store we probably won't be stopping again. I have a hard time doing business with a place that doesn't know what it has, and Marlene wanted to leave straight away because the place was so dirty and it smelled so bad.

Cheers.
Jim
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

Jim.... just smelly and dirty? Did you not get treated to the parrot symphony as well?? Shame. ;)

It stinks about the issues at SP (no pun intended), they otherwise have a crazy vast selection and the fish are generally very healthy (IME). Plus there's just not a lot of options around here anymore. I still go if im in the area or need dry goods since their prices aren't far off from the online stores if you figure in shipping and they do have a good selection There as well.
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

DelawareJim wrote:Thanks for the info.

After visiting the store we probably won't be stopping again. I have a hard time doing business with a place that doesn't know what it has, and Marlene wanted to leave straight away because the place was so dirty and it smelled so bad.

Cheers.
Jim
I stopped shopping there after an argument with the owner. Customer service? Doesnt exist there.
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

sns26

Post by sns26 »

Ghazanfar Ghori wrote:
DelawareJim wrote:Thanks for the info.

Cheers.
Jim
I stopped shopping there after an argument with the owner. Customer service? Doesnt exist there.
I agree that Super Petz is imperfect, but I had a very good experience with them recently. I special ordered a rimless 57 gal tank from them about a month ago. When it came in, I looked it over for scratches and it seemed fine. But literally as I was wheeling it out the door, an employee spotted a very tiny smudge and stopped me to inspect it himself. It turned out to be a very faint scratch--one I had not noticed and probably would not have noticed until it was too late to return it. Super Petz ordered a replacement for me without grumbling.

Sponsors