Kerri tetra fry

Discuss planted aquarium inhabitants
B Considine

Kerri tetra fry

Post by B Considine »

At least 2. Saw them while lamenting the horrific state of my tank last night. Apparently all the various algae provides good cover for egg scattering species...

Here's the ones what done it: http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/Species ... p?id=12388

Blaise
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

that's pretty cool Blaise. Any chance of getting pictures of the fry?
ddavila06
GWAPA Member

Post by ddavila06 »

thats so kool, i hear that breeding such fish is so hard in aquaria..nice job! 8)
Damian Davila
"Fishes-up, chill, Plants too"
"so many plants, so little space!"
B Considine

Post by B Considine »

Aaron wrote:that's pretty cool Blaise. Any chance of getting pictures of the fry?
Not unless you or someone with a camera happens to stop by. And even then, I'm not sure I'd want the group to see the wretched state of the aquarium. I do have some pride, you know. :lol:
B Considine

Post by B Considine »

And now I've got at least one more. I haven't worked out the "law" governing this, but the crappier my tank looks, the more my fish spawn.

Go figure.

Blaise
PadreJP

Post by PadreJP »

B Considine wrote:And now I've got at least one more. I haven't worked out the "law" governing this, but the crappier my tank looks, the more my fish spawn.

Go figure.

Blaise
The way I see it, Mother Nature is hardly ever neat & pretty--very few freshwater lakes or rivers are "immaculately manicured." :) So it kinda makes sense to me that the "messier" our tanks are, the more our fish feel at home.
Fr. John Paul Walker, O.P.
B Considine

Post by B Considine »

PadreJP wrote:The way I see it, Mother Nature is hardly ever neat & pretty--very few freshwater lakes or rivers are "immaculately manicured." :) So it kinda makes sense to me that the "messier" our tanks are, the more our fish feel at home.
True, that. But while the tank looks bad, I change out 6-12 gallons/week in a 30, so the water quality (for the fish and algae) is great.

Question is: Can I ever achieve a balance?

Blaise
sherrymitchell

Post by sherrymitchell »

Blaise, what's you tank PH over there in HoCo???
Sherry
B Considine

Post by B Considine »

sherrymitchell wrote:Blaise, what's you tank PH over there in HoCo???
6.8ish. It's been lower. Please note that I do water changes using DI water from the lab where I work at UMBC. I use tap water only occasionally.

Blaise
sherrymitchell

Post by sherrymitchell »

Hmm, I wonder if the lowered pH did the trick? I'll bet it did. What is DI water?? Is it treated differently?
Sherry

Sponsors