Contribute PLEASE!

Plant ID help, discussion, etc.
DelawareJim

Re: Contribute PLEASE!

Post by DelawareJim »

Christy;

Is your Fissidens F. geppi or is it the F. nobilis that Sam brought back from Aqua Forest?

Cheers.
Jim
150EH

Post by 150EH »

Mine are in but I see nobody else has found it, Jim I hat to be a PITA but changing the link to fire red might help, I'm going to pm Kris as well as it is such a good idea it should be easy to see.
Sincerely,
Tim
seiji64

Post by seiji64 »

I love this! I have been terrible about managing what I have (or had but killed) in my tanks. This will make it much easier to manage. Thanks!
I noticed a bunch of plants not listed. I started adding some, but they don't sort alphabetically anymore and I don't trust that I am entering the correct Latin name.
Is there a way we can pull the list of names in from the last year's worth of meetings?
Also, is it worth adding a column for common name or is that asking for trouble/confusion?
Doug
150EH

Post by 150EH »

Doug we talked about the common name column at the meeting and I think Delaware Jim may add it to the spreadsheet. I added my two cents in a post just below the thread link (not in this thread but the new location Kris made labeled "Plant Database" on the forum Board index) that helps people understand how to enter new species, but don't worry about any mistakes I'm sure Jim will fix the obvious ones like any alphabetical errors and ask you if there are any questions as to a incorrect species name, those items are also beyond my knowledge.
Sincerely,
Tim
seiji64

Post by seiji64 »

Thanks Tim. I went back to add a couple more plants and saw the common name column there and my new entries sorted You all are fast! Thanks for the tip on inserting rows, that was just what I needed. Will use that going forward. I'll also be reaching out shortly for some help Id'ing plants that I lost the names for or never knew.
Doug
150EH

Post by 150EH »

Jim is fast, I haven't seen the common name column yet but it seemed to be something he enjoys and I'm glad it's helping. I'm going there now to see who will sell me some plants!
Sincerely,
Tim

Sponsors