Rescape time!

Show us your pictures!
ingg

Rescape time!

Post by ingg »

Something about Arlene's tanks lit a fire under my butt, which, as you can see below, has been a long time coming.

First one up, my sorely overgrown 50 breeder. This was really kinda nice a long time ago. Then it turned into a bit of a farm, then a sorely overgrown farm, then, well, this....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So after a couple of hours of ripping it out and capturing critters, a new hardscape is set.

Using almost all the same plants (Robbed some Anubias from another overgrown tank, a couple of stems from a third overgrown tank), a new scape!

Missing a couple of stems, but with about 50 crypts set to trade in to a store, I'm fuguring I can pick something up.

Livestock was all moved out. Thinking a cloud of something tiny, like sparrow or 3 spot rasboras or something....maybe a school of espie rasbora... thinking orange like little firefly kinda effect.

Ideas on livestock? Thoughts on the thrown together scape? :)
Dave
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

I like what you've done so far!

What was it that inspired you from my tanks? The fact that I need to be on a better fertilization schedule, or the crazy jungle style that said, I need to clean up my tanks so they don't get a lot of algae like Arlene has??? Hehe!

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
ingg

Post by ingg »

Your tanks looked good! They looked groomed. That was the thing.

I've been really really, REALLY lax about trimming and such, and all my tanks are suffering for it. Stems hitting the surfaces and going POW emersed growth, killing stuff under them when they do, not cleaning up algae that would be easily corrected..... I been bad.
Dave
jweis

Post by jweis »

I like what you did. Very nice job with the rocks.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.

Sponsors