Sean Murphy's address... February meeting

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
Larry Grenier

Sean Murphy's address... February meeting

Post by Larry Grenier »

:?:
Larry Grenier,
Manassas, VA
rodcon00

Post by rodcon00 »

Seans address is:

12568 Cross Ridge Way
Germantown 20874

Directions are from the DC beltway and heading on I-270 N
look for the Middlebrook Rd exit to Germantown going west. It's the second off ramp at that exit.
You get dumped off the ramp onto Middlebrook Rd. in the right hand land but you want to move over to the left hand lane when it is safe.
Go straight at the first light.
At the Second light make a U-turn and head back towards 270 but be in the right hand lane.
Take the first right at a sign which says "The Woods" this is Cross Ridge Drive.
Go up the hill to the Stop sign and turn right onto Cross Ridge Way, there is an Upper and Lower court.
Go down the hill to the lower court, as you enter the square our row of townhouses is facing you on the left, mine is the middle one, white with brown trim.
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

Park around the Center Island when you arrive, if that is full, please park up in the upper court away from the houses. It' a free for all parking but I would prefer not to irritate the neighbors. :lol:

One note, you cannot exit onto Middlebrook Rd coming from the Fredrick area (the North) you need to exit onto route 118 heading West. Take a left onto Middlebrook, this is an intersection with a Safeway/ Wachovia Bank/ Kinko's in a shopping plaza on your right.
Follow Middlebrook past Great Seneca Highschool, when you start up a hill after the intersection with Great Seneca Highway you will see the sign for "The Woods" on the right. Follow the directions Rodney gave.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

Remember that the Meeting is February 26th, it is not this weekend!

Tropical Fish World is holding a sale that weekend, 50% off freshwater fish or something.

The Aquarium that I 'scaped at Tropical Fish World might be in the Weekend section of the Washington Post on Friday. I'm not sure what the article is about exactly but keep your eyes open.

Topic for the meeting, choices include "sumps and the planted aquarium", "creating depth in nanotank aquascapes", "farming crypts", or something that I haven't thought of that you all suggest. I'm open to someone else speaking if they have a burning desire to.

Please bring auction items, I'm really uncomfortable about personally dominating another auction.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
gnatster

Post by gnatster »

I can help offer insight on "sumps and the planted aquarium"
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

Some of us however do not mind taking home Vacant Lot crypts, and to date those have not objected strongly to having to give up soil substrates... 8) They have even been known to accept RFUG.
Where's the fish? Neptune
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I should have lots of plants for the auction. I've been selfish lately selling them on aquabid :), but I'll be good and save some for everyone else.

I'm getting in some new goodies today that hopefully I can get to share by then.

Rotala sp. vietnam
Rotala macranda 'green'
Rotala 'green'
Hemigraphis Traen (sp?)
gnatster

Post by gnatster »

I should have plenty too. I thingk i may even be able to fill a bucket o' plants ala Sean style

Sponsors