Forum topics?

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

Opinions / suggestions on the topics? Too many?
Too little? Take a look and let me know.

Currenty as it stands, anyone who registers
automatically gets into the non-GWAPA member group
GWAPA members will have to email / PM an admin
to put them in the GWAPA member group.
NOn-GWAPA members will have read access to news and events, and full access to Aquarium Plants. They will
not have access (not even read) to any other section though they
can see the forum headers.

<edited><editID>Ghazanfar Ghori</editID><editDate>37949.1441435185</editDate></edited>
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

I'd suggest pragmatic field trials. The owner of the site I've been on longest (Tom Griffin) is neurotic on topic divisions, his site made it up to many dozens a few years ago. In practice, it depends on what folks will and are willing to use. Most folks want to shoehorn into the highest traffic areas, no matter how poor the fit. You run for a period and see user patterns and then re-align. To me it looks fine as is, but I'd bet money it will be different a year from now.

For memebers we can push the use of the 'active topics' feature - we can also bet that the bulk of the posts will be members, or awfully good candidates for membership. We need to draft someone into monitoring usage (or auto-report at intervals???), and send offers to active non-members (subtle stuff here).<edited><editID>RTRJR</editID><editDate>37948.6847800926</editDate></edited>

Sponsors