GWAPA Food Committee - Volunteers Please!

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

Brian,
Thanks for the offer, but we don't need any food donations for this month. All the food is purchased, and we even came in at almost exactly $40, so we're good to go. Hopefully folks will find the menu agreeable:
spiral cut ham with dinner rolls and mustard (mini ham sandwiches)
veggie tray with celery, carrots, cucumber, and hummus
cheese and crackers
an apple dessert Jim is making

Certainly not a "meal", but hopefully more substantial than just chips and salsa, and hopefully diverse enough to satisfy the myriad dietary requirements and tastes of the members. Plus, it was easy. :D

But hey, it's an experiment, and we'll evaluate it's relative success or failure after the meeting, and if we need to go a different direction, we will.

Based on the discussion in this thread, we decided to forgo getting sodas, so if you'd like something other than water to drink, you should arrange to bring it yourself. We skipped chips as well.
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

Hello! I'm a new member and will try to go to as many meetings as I can. I'm also on the hospitality committee for PVAS. I don't mind donating something to meetings that I attend. If the meeting is in Virginia, I'm more than likely coming to the meeting, so I can donate a baked item or even an entree to the meeting if you'd like. Let me know!

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
chris_todd

Post by chris_todd »

Arlene, thanks for the offer! As the March meeting approaches, I'll post a notice about the food arrangements. Last I heard, we did not yet have a location for the meeting, so that could affect the food arrangements. Details at 11...

Sponsors