June Meeting

News & upcoming events
Tim_Koles

Re: June Meeting

Post by Tim_Koles »

The meeting in two weeks will be at my house. We will be getting pizza to go with whatever else people decide to bring. Please respond if you are coming and what you may be bringing both with food/drinks and with auction items. I have several pond plants available if anyone is interested as well some terrestrial garden plants if anyone is inclined. I will have a fire pit setup and people are welcome to hang around longer than a normal meeting to hang out and chill into the night of they like.
Linus_Cello

Post by Linus_Cello »

I’ll be coming to pick up my plants from Kelly (I heard from her Friday night; fyi anyone ordering lotus no bare root, potted only). I’ll have the kids with me so I can’t stay.

I’ll bring elephant ear “black coral” that i divided. One for Tim. There is an extra small division also. I’ll also bring a division of a variegated ensata iris.

I’ll be bringing crypts from Larry G (if he still has any leftover).

Tim what pond plants do you have?
halak

Post by halak »

I will be there and will bring some soda (leftover from a party, so maybe 10 cans). Plus I will have the GWAPA utensils with me.
Viktor
FishEggs

Post by FishEggs »

My plan is to be there. I can bring some home brewed Sweet Ice Tea.

I have lots of Ludwigia repens emersed grown if anybody is interested. Also have lots of hornwort. If i get to dividing my lillies i'll have some of those. Yellow and pink but its a mystery which one is which since they are not blooming right now and i'm pretty sure any labels i had on them are gone.
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Linus - Currently I have

Potted up

two small black leaved elephant ears, either 'Black Magic' or 'Black Beauty'. I cant remember.
lizards tail
acorus
2 Texas star hibiscus
umbrella palms which can overwinter and actually look better if they do
canna lilies 'Wyoming'
maybe some Iris vericolor

Loose

Parrots feather
Rotala 'Colorata'
Ludwigia palustris
L repens
L arcuata
L 'Atlantis'
Hornwort
Redhead grass
probably some young creeping burrhead swords

Lilies

Pink
Yellow
maybe a white if I divide or perhaps a large white if I dont

Crypts

Perhaps some emersed grown but I need to see how they are growing - I have not but the trays out yet as it is still getting chilly at night

Matt - if the lilies came from me flip the leaves over. Pink will be a solid color, yellow will be mottled
Linus_Cello

Post by Linus_Cello »

Tim- can I get some redhead grass?
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Sure
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Gavin and I will be there, possibly with a mystery guest as well. I'll bring something dessert-like. Probably oatmeal cream cookies because I love them but don't need an entire batch for myself.

I'll probably bring couple potted lilies for tubs for auction. Don't know what colors, will be what I have too much to keep. Have a tank to break down, as well, so there might be plants from that, too.
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Looking at the weather, it's forecast for rain. Is there a rain date?
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Don't hold your breath. We have had about 3/4 inch since the beginning of May. Everything dries up as it gets close.

What I saw indicated just some stuff possible late afternoon/evening. Meeting will go on as scheduled. A lot more to see outside than in so hope for the best.

Sponsors