halak

Re: August Meeting

Post by halak »

I will bring fruit.
Viktor
Allen

Post by Allen »

kerokero wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:53 pm I don't have much fishy stuff to bring (my frogbit, dwarf water lettuce, and salvinia turned out to be invested with dreaded utricularia) but I will pick up some food at whole foods! What do we need?
I would like the dwarf water lettuce as my tanks are infested with the utricularia anyways (I guess that makes my frogbit and subwassertang not have much takers)
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

I picked up hamburgers, hotdogs, cheese, buns, ketchup and mustard and a couple bags of chips. We could use some ice, desserts, maybe more sides.

As for plants, bring what you have and just let people know if there is anything undesirable. They can choose for themselves if they want it or not.
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

I just picked up ice!
Best, Corey
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

Hi everyone. Thanks for coming over today. It was a lot of fun hanging out, eating food and talking plants. Can't wait till we can do it again.

Allen,
Did some poking around and I'm pretty sure the Ludwigia you have is palustris. There are lots of paired flowers on the plants I got and none of them have petals. This is a distinct feature of L. palustris. The other one you mentioned, brevipes, has larger single flowers. Kris helped with ID although he does not know it. His website has a nice photo of L. brevipes in flower.
halak

Post by halak »

Yes, it was a great meeting!

Some people were looking for the PAR meter. Stuart in Frederick has it. His name here is also Stuart. Contact him, and discuss how he'd hand it over to you, and then let me know that you have it.
Viktor
kerokero

Post by kerokero »

Thank you Tim for hosting! It was wonderful to see faces again and be nerdy 🤓
Best, Corey
Allen

Post by Allen »

Tim_Koles wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:55 pm Hi everyone. Thanks for coming over today. It was a lot of fun hanging out, eating food and talking plants. Can't wait till we can do it again.

Allen,
Did some poking around and I'm pretty sure the Ludwigia you have is palustris. There are lots of paired flowers on the plants I got and none of them have petals. This is a distinct feature of L. palustris. The other one you mentioned, brevipes, has larger single flowers. Kris helped with ID although he does not know it. His website has a nice photo of L. brevipes in flower.
Didn't notice this post until now but thanks!

Another thing I might want to add is that I am less certain that the Ludwigia "Repens" that I brought is actually Repens as there seems to be many hybrids that look almost identical under my growing conditions.

Sponsors