Sept Mtg Food and Misc thread

News & upcoming events
jweis

Sept Mtg Food and Misc thread

Post by jweis »

I know the Sept 22nd mtg at my house is still a few weeks away, but I am a planner at heart, so I thought I would get the thread going now.

FOOD: Like last year, I plan to make my Mom's green chili string beef burritos (don't worry they are not hot/spicy) served on freshly grilled tortillas, accompanied by all the fixings (cheese, sour cream, green onions, etc), homemade salsa and spanish rice. I'll also make a batch of lemondaid to help wash it down. Hint: wear expandable pants.

It would be great if folks could volunteer to bring the following to make the feast complete:
  • Two big bags for white tortilla chips
    Big batch of guacamole
    An assortment of soda (both diet and regular) for those who don't want lemonaid
    Vegetarian beans - refried, baked, black, whatever...
    A yummy dessert or two or heck, even three (I LOVE sweets)
KIDS: They are more than welcome. My boys will be there and they are hoping the "fun kids" come again. Last year there was a small gang and they all played together wonderfully. If the weather is nice I will even set up the moonbounce and hopefully they will wear themselves out and sleep on the car ride home.

AVATAR NAMETAGS: I know there were a couple of nay-sayers last year, but for the most part I received a lot of positive feedback about the Avatar nametags I made for everyone. So, time permitting, I plan to do that again this year. I am giving everyone warning so that they can be sure their avatar image is what they want on their nametag. Check/update your Avatar now. I'll start printing the name tags the week before the mtg. The name tags are a nice way to match faces with Avatars/usernames.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
turfboss

Re: Sept Mtg Food and Misc thread

Post by turfboss »

Julie -

sorry I missed the tank tour this past weekend - painting the upstairs since we had not done the bedrooms yet and have folks coming from New Zeland to visit.

Put me down for a cobbler for September - I should be back from my install in North Carolina by then --

And with respect to the name tags - good show -- I think we should always have name tags - even if the folks come in and fill out their own - Avatar and Real Name and we get to put those together with faces - sure makes a difference in how you relate to folks when you know who they are.

Just my 3 cents worth --

G
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

turfboss wrote:Put me down for a cobbler for September
Yummy! I loved your cobbler at both the PVAS and last GWAPA meeting in July.

Maybe I'll make sticky rice and mango.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
turfboss

Post by turfboss »

Thanks Arlene - let me know when you get tired of me bringing cobbler - next week at PVAS and at CCA the following week I will be bringing cobbler to both. Blueberry to one - cherry to the other - guess I'll do peach for the GWAPA in Sept.
jweis

Post by jweis »

turfboss wrote:Thanks Arlene - let me know when you get tired of me bringing cobbler - next week at PVAS and at CCA the following week I will be bringing cobbler to both. Blueberry to one - cherry to the other - guess I'll do peach for the GWAPA in Sept.
Peach is my favorite!
Julie
turfboss

Post by turfboss »

Sept meeting is the 22nd right - unfortunately I have to go to North Carolina for an install on Sunday evening the 16th - install starts Monday morning - and if I get done in 5 days will be back on Saturday the 22nd - else I will miss this meeting - sorry about that - I missed the tank tour and now potentially this one - I really enjoy these meetings - the info and the folks as well - so am hoping I can get done and get back here in time for the meeting - otherwise there will be no turfboss cobbler for the meeting (someone else might bring one??).

George
jweis

Post by jweis »

turfboss wrote:Sept meeting is the 22nd right - unfortunately I have to go to North Carolina for an install on Sunday evening the 16th - install starts Monday morning - and if I get done in 5 days will be back on Saturday the 22nd - else I will miss this meeting - sorry about that - I missed the tank tour and now potentially this one - I really enjoy these meetings - the info and the folks as well - so am hoping I can get done and get back here in time for the meeting - otherwise there will be no turfboss cobbler for the meeting (someone else might bring one??).

George
Shoot, we'll miss having you (and your peach cobbler), so I hope you get back in time for the meeting.
Julie
jweis

Post by jweis »

I need to know who is coming so I can prepare the right about of food, and so I can get going on the nametags.

So, please let me know if you are coming (as a reminder, the kiddos are welcome).
Julie
halak

Post by halak »

I will be there. I can make chocolate chip cookies.
Viktor
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

I'll be there too. I can bring salsa and chips.

Sponsors