Thank you

News & upcoming events
sfarkhan

Thank you

Post by sfarkhan »

I just wanted to thank all of you for being welcoming at the February meeting. Being new to this hobby can be a little intimidating (like not knowing the scientific name, or what things look like for that matter).

I will try to keep up with the schedule and make it to the meetings.

Cheers!

Shahriar (for those of you who are wondering how to say my name: (Shah-re-are)
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (185.81 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
Shahriar (Shah-ry-are)
jweis

Re: Thank you

Post by jweis »

Welcome to the group. YOu are well on your way to having an entry for the Nature type aquascape.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
turfboss

Post by turfboss »

Good to meet you yesterday - that was the first meeting for both of us - and I - like you - had a great welcome from the group - this will be a fun group to grow with.
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

Welcome to the club
marydotson

Post by marydotson »

Sorry I missed the meeting + the op to see you...but bear in mind that the universe of common aquatic plats is limited to...um, I'm thinking approx 50 species (Cavan correct me if I'm wrong). So, figure it's much less than if you had to learn a new language and nobody is going to care as much if you mispronounce it (quite the contrary--points are granted for just trying). Oh...and you have the delights of esoteric delights like emersed growth, stem cell culture, blogs & forums & AGA conventions (companionship in the addiction is truly the worst drug...

Welcome to our crack house!

Mary
marydotson

Post by marydotson »

Sorry I missed the meeting + the op to see you...but bear in mind that the universe of common aquatic plants is limited to...um..I'm thinking max approx 50 species (folks, this is a WAG, so pls correct me if I'm wrong). Anyhow, figure it's vastly less effort than if you had to learn a new (spoken) language and in aquatic plants, nobody is going to care as much if you mispronounce it (quite the contrary-street cred points are granted for any mere effort at trying to learn the system). Oh...and bonus, you have the delights of esoteric delights like emersed growth, stem cell culture, blogs & forums & AGA conventions (Highly recommended)...IMO, the tcompanionship here in the addiction is truly a far worse drug than any other...

Welcome to our (proverbial) crack house!

Mary

Sponsors