What are you bringing to the January meeting?

News & upcoming events
chris_todd

What are you bringing to the January meeting?

Post by chris_todd »

So, whatcha bringing to the meeting?

I'll probably have some Limnophila aromatica trimmings, as well as Staurogyne sp. 'Bihar'. I might also bring some assorted crypts. Anyone have any interest in guppy grass?

I'm bringing some Red Cherry Shrimp for Viktor - anyone else need to replenish their population?

Would anyone have an interest in some Jewel Cichlids (Hemichromis guttatus)? These were an impulse buy at the CCA meeting last week, and while I really should have learned my lesson by now that I should not buy fish I don't know anything about, I did anyway, and surprise! it turns out they don't fit in with any of my tanks. The guy I bought them from (Prince on the CCA forum) said they will get very red. Here are his pictures of the two parents:
Mother:
Father:

They are African riverine cichlids, and apparently would work well in a planted tank. From what I've read, they have a reputation (possibly undeserved) for being aggressive, but as I've never kept them, and they are alone in my emersed setup now, I cannot validate or refute that.

I have four unsexed youngsters, about an inch and a half or so long, and I'd be happy to sell them to you for what they cost me - $2.
halak

Post by halak »

I will definitely bring some Marsilea quadrifolia. Also, I have microworm cultures for $1 each (pm me if interested). I might bring other plants, as well, but it's too early to know what.
Viktor
hbosman

Post by hbosman »

I could bring Glosso and Cryptocoryne Wendtii if anyone is interested. I would like Rotala Macandra if anyone has any.
ricoishere

WTB

Post by ricoishere »

In case somebody has a spare 5lb CO2 Cylinder they might have forgotten about, I'm looking to buy one! Bring it this weekend!
Rome wasn't built in a day

I can grow any algae!

:roll:
hbosman

Post by hbosman »

hbosman wrote:I could bring Glosso and Cryptocoryne Wendtii if anyone is interested. I would like Rotala Macandra if anyone has any.
Sorry, I will not be able to make it, Granite countertops will be installed on Saturday and the wife wants me there.
Judi

Re: WTB

Post by Judi »

ricoishere wrote:In case somebody has a spare 5lb CO2 Cylinder they might have forgotten about, I'm looking to buy one! Bring it this weekend!
Drat, I misread that at first, and thought you were offering one!
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

I'm bringing Blyxa japonica, Subwasstertang, Hygro c. augustifolia, Potamogeton gayi

Does anyone have a spare adaptor for straight to square pin compact fluorescent?
JSnyder

Post by JSnyder »

I got you on the adapter Cristy, Just 1? (edit, all I have is sq pin to str pin) Does anybody have a decent portion of the micro lilaeopsis that was going around awhile ago? I need it for the 40 br. foreground.
Thanks
Jon Snyder
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

Looks like Jon doesn't have the right adaptor for me. Does anyone have one for a straight pin bulb to plug into a square socket?
Bgssamson

Post by Bgssamson »

Cristy - I have some but will not gonna make it on this months meeting if Damian is coming I can drop it off to his crib.

-Brian
ブライアン BRIAN S.

Sponsors