December Meeting - Vote on how it should be

News & upcoming events

What should the December 1st meeting topic be?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:18 am

Aquascaping In-Depth - Part I
48%
Holiday Potluck
52%

Total votes: 25
krisw
Site Admin

December Meeting - Vote on how it should be

Post by krisw »

Francine is hosting the December 1st meeting at her house, and we're hoping that everyone can help us decide what you want the meeting format to be. We're offering up two choices:

1. Aquascaping In-Depth: After a positive response to the aquascaping demo at Aquafest, Ghazanfar is putting together a Aquascaping In-depth series of presentations to go into more detail on the Nature Aquarium style. Examples of topics in the series could be (but are not limited to):

Substrate layout
Hardscape selection and placement
Plant selection and placement
Trimming

Each session will be a short presentation that will allow for much more depth than we were able to go into during our demonstration at Aquafest. If we don't do this in December, Ghazanfar will present at one of the 2008 meetings.

2. Holiday Social and Pot-luck: It's the holiday season, and it's sometimes nice to just be able to get together and socialize over good food and drink. Everyone brings a dish to share, and we celebrate a great 2007 for GWAPA.

The poll will run for 2 weeks. Let us know what the format should be for the December 1st meeting at Francines'.
Spine

Post by Spine »

Kris,
Is it possible to do both?
Kevin
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Kevin, I guess anything's possible, but if it's a social it gives you a topic to look forward to next year. ;-)
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

It could be like dinner theater. Ghazanfar presents while everyone else eats :-)
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Only if you'll be attending Ben. Besides, Ghazanfar likes food too much to not be distracted by that. ;-)
Ben Belton

Post by Ben Belton »

I don't' think I can keep my green bean casserole warm all the way from Mayberry.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Sure you can. Treat it just like fish. Styrobox with lots of heat packs. Besides, the look on everyone's faces when you walk in with a fish-box, and pull out food would be priceless. ;-)
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

Ben - come on up - we can visit Als Orchid greenhouse while you're up here.
Cristy Keister

Post by Cristy Keister »

I'm very much looking forward to a trimming demo. After looking at the AGA entries I'm wondering how many of them got their stems shaped into perfect balls.
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Just to clarify, trimming wouldn't be at the December meeting. The December "Aquascaping In-depth" would likely be substrate and hardscape.

Sponsors