Claudiphora

Plant ID help, discussion, etc.
Becca
GWAPA Member

Re: Claudiphora

Post by Becca »

Cavan wrote:Are your phosphates high?
According to my test-kit, which might be expired, they're 0/very low.
halak

Post by halak »

I tried the Algae Eliminator in my 125. After the first dose, my lonely Amano shrimp was still doing well as were all the fish. A week later I dosed again. It did help with the Clado and no fish suffered. I still have Clado left though but not nearly as much.
Viktor
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

hmmm

Good to know.
JLW

Post by JLW »

Most phosphate test kits are utterly worthless. The only one I've gotten anything close to what the lab tells me is Hanna's. They're like $50 though. :)

AlgaeFix by AP is the same exact stuff as MRLs, though MRL is a slightly higher concentration (5.5% vs 4.5%). This stuff is absolutely lethal to shrimp, crays, etc. I'm surprised that you had an amano shrimp survive, Viktor, but they're pretty hardy buggers. I've had it kill CPOs, cherry shrimp vars, and amanos. (Admittedly, I've never used the MRL brand, but it is the same stuff).
><>
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

If this is still being debated, I lost all my Orange neos and the two hillstream loaches that were in the tank I dosed for clado with the Marineland stuff. I had removed the nerites, and the White Clouds left in the tank survived... this was a small volume tank though (14g). In case that factors in.

GG swears by it, that's why I tried it. Maybe it has something to do with smaller volume tanks? I did calculate the proper dose per the bottle.... Josh, has this been your experience at all?
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
JLW

Post by JLW »

Nope, I used it to get rid of greenwater in a 400-gallon tank. Lost all the CPOs and Amanos.
><>
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

I'm just going to keep my algae and my shrimp :-P.

Sponsors