Anyone DIY CSM+B or use a DRY stock copper free micros?

Nutrients, fertilization, substrates etc
captmicha

Anyone DIY CSM+B or use a DRY stock copper free micros?

Post by captmicha »

I know plants and inverts need copper and ferts on the market have safe amounts, etc., and don't really want to argue about that, please. So that completely aside, does anyone buy individual trace/micro nutrients and mix up your own custom CSM+B? Or use a DRY micro mix that doesn't have copper in it? I've Googled this to no end without finding what I'm looking for.

I know you can buy solutions of copper free micros, but I'm not willing to spend those prices on mostly water when I can buy/use dry stock and mix up my own.

Not trying to sound like I'm being testy about it, I'm just trying to be very clear about what I'm looking for. I've posted in some other places and instead of sticking to what I'm looking for, I keep getting people discussing how ferts have small amounts that are safe and people are successful with their copper fertilizers. Which is great, but unfortunately not what I'm asking.
Phishless

Re: Anyone DIY CSM+B or use a DRY stock copper free micros?

Post by Phishless »

I use individual compounds to create micro solutions.
Remove the copper sulfate and it would be copper free. Yes this is all possible.

An exact match of CSB+B could be made without the copper.
Fe is always used as the indicator when dosing.
Wobblebonk

Post by Wobblebonk »

Sounds like you need to buy dry ferts and mix them yourself... initial cost might not be that low but like 1/2 lb of some of these would last a lifetime if you're not running a huge nursery or something. Can be found on ebay/amazon and I think you can just plug the chemicals into rotalabutterfly.

Mn - MnSO4.H2O
B - H3BO3
Zn - ZnSO4.H2O
Mo - Na2MoO4*2H2O
Cu - CuSO4.5H2O
Ni - NiSO4.6H2O

&& iron chelate....
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Micha -- just curious why you're looking for a copper-free solution? Knowing your end-goal might help the folks here offer solutions...

Sponsors