? on My CO2 setup

Why buy when you can DIY?
Jeff120
Site Admin

? on My CO2 setup

Post by Jeff120 »

On my 29 I have a DIY CO2 with a 2 liter soda bottle, run to a hagen ladder. I have a KH of 6 and a PH of 7.0-7.2 I would like this to be a little bit higher. So my question is this, would it be better to add a second 2 liter or a 1 gallon juice jug. With the 2 liter I could rotate the stock so one will always be running full bore, or a 2 liter and the gallon jug, this may be a little much though. Unfotuntaly my pressurized setup is too far away to run both tanks from CO2 tank.

Also in question is my CO2 diffusion on this tank, I am considering the new Tom Barr micro bubble method just to see how it works. Whats your take on that method?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I would think that having the two two-liter setup would be the way to go. Switch one bottle out each week and the should give plenty of CO2. Have you tryed the Nyberg recipe? You might be able to lengthen the time between culture changes using that recipe.

I have not attempted using the DIY CO2 on a ceramic diffuser. It may work...perhaps someone else has tried this. One thing you could do is use a small powerhead and attach the CO2 line to the part of the powerhead designed for the venturi airline. This should spray tiny bubbles of CO2 all over the tank. It is noisy though.
Bgssamson

Post by Bgssamson »

Aaron,

What is the Nyberg recipe consist of? I have a 2 nutrafin bottle connected in one ladder. Should I used 1 bottle to 1 ladder or my set up is ok.

Thanks!

-brian
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Brian,

The Nyberg recipe can be found on the AGA's website and many other places. Just google "Nyberg CO2" and you should find it.

So long as the bubbles at the top of the ladder are smaller than the ones at the bottom by a good amount then one ladder will suffice.
Bgssamson

Post by Bgssamson »

Thanks! :D

Sponsors