Thinking about regressing

Lighting, filtration etc
WET Aquaria

Thinking about regressing

Post by WET Aquaria »

I am thinking of moving to a t5 hybrid for my 180. With black Friday around the corner, trying to get people's thoughts. I think a 2 bulb t5 will be more than enough for the 180 and help provide a little more fill light, currently unable to grow plants under the java fern. I am going to keep my planted plus 24/7 on the tank in 24/7 mode so I have a longer viewing window. Anyone have bulb suggestions, was looking at one geiseman tropic and one superflora. Planned fixture will probably be a 60" reefbrite retrofit, although I am considering 2x36".
WET Aquaria

Re: Thinking about regressing

Post by WET Aquaria »

To add, one of the major things I would like to achieve is bringing out the colors in my altums. The current leds excel at bringing out the golds in the body, but the blues on the top of the fish when the fish are in the right place facing the right direction... and reds in the fins are only available when the LEDs are in none daylight period.
sukrol

Re: Thinking about regressing

Post by sukrol »

Many people i know have regressed to T5HO as LED’s failed to continue to evolve. The challenge is getting bulbs.
Gabriel

Sponsors