LED Grow Light - 150 Watt 5,000 Kelvin (400 Watt HPS Replace

Lighting, filtration etc
Linus_Cello

LED Grow Light - 150 Watt 5,000 Kelvin (400 Watt HPS Replace

Post by Linus_Cello »

Thoughts on using this for the aquarium? I presume since it is for terrestrial plants, it can withstand higher humidity for aquarium use.

https://www.orchidweb.com/products/led- ... ~4320.html

Product Details
This 150-watt LED fixture is great replacement for a 400-watt hight pressure sodium fixture. It is in the daylight spectrum of 5,000 Kelvin which is light measured at noon hours on a clear day. This is the spectrum orchids and other plants do best in. The lumen output is 22,500 and the light spread is very good and comparable to a HPS 400 watt fixture as shown in our photos. The unit is 11 inches in diameter and 9 inches high to the top of the hook. This fixture weighs 10 pounds comes with a built in screw-on hook, safety cable and is wired with a 6-foot 120-volt cord and plug. There are also 2 low voltage dimming wires and connectors if you should want to use a dimmer which is available at most big box stores. The fixture color and cord are colored in reflective white. High pressure sodium fixtures have a higher output of light near 50,000 Lumens but the color is mostly in the yellow spectrum which isn't the best for growing plants. LED lights have the most photons measured per square meter compared to other lighting fixtures like sodium, metal halide or fluorescent. This is a great light for growing and flowering your plants and is perfect for setting up a grow room in a basement or other space.
GOT MTS?

Re: LED Grow Light - 150 Watt 5,000 Kelvin (400 Watt HPS Rep

Post by GOT MTS? »

That's pretty pricey for something that isn't even for an aquarium. Why not spend the money and get something made for a Aquarium.
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Re: LED Grow Light - 150 Watt 5,000 Kelvin (400 Watt HPS Rep

Post by SCMurphy »

The hydroponics and orchid people are still being taken for a ride when it comes to light fixture prices. That will just get worse as more people start "growing" indoors. If they started using aquarium lights to grow they might save some money, increase the demand for our lights, and maybe drive the price down a bit as the manufacturers start making a bigger income by selling more units. The technology might get better too, as they sell more units.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)

Sponsors