Thermometers

Lighting, filtration etc
Tim_Koles

Thermometers

Post by Tim_Koles »

Does anyone have a really good, accurate, aquarium thermometer then can recommend. I have been using the alcohol based bulb ones but a quick check has them all over the map. How hard is it to make centuries old technology accurate? Really wishing I had my old YSI instruments about now. I looked at amazon and they seem to sell the same one under about 20 different names/companies. There are a few other ones out there but I thought I would ask for suggestions. Using my instant read cooking one now button really sure I want to keep doing that.

Tim
FishEggs

Re: Thermometers

Post by FishEggs »

I just use one of those infrared thermometer guns.
JLW

Post by JLW »

Aquarium thermometers are made cheaply... and not accurately. You can put ten in the same tank, and get ten different readings. :)
><>
Tim_Koles

Post by Tim_Koles »

After about an hour, three of the four read the same as each other and the same as my nice meat grilling thermometer. I figure that the probability of all four being incorrect at the same temperature was really low so I'm assuming that they are all reading correctly. Statistics was never my specialty. Not sure why they took so long to adjust but it should not be an issue if I keep them in the tank which I plan to do.

Sponsors