Algae ID please

Plant ID help, discussion, etc.
JMLenke

Algae ID please

Post by JMLenke »

ok awhile ago I had a black algae problem but with some luck and chance it cleared up.

BUT...

Now I have small spots that are slowly getting larger on the driftwood and a few rocks of what may well be the same thing but in green. Currently it is approx 1/4" tall (maybe a bit taller but not much), and it is random in its occurence with regards to height level in the tank(55g well established). it only grows in areas that are getting direct light from the older 65wx4 CFL fixture(bulbs are older and need to be replaced, but I hate replacing them until they burn out). It appears to be similar to http://www.aquaticscape.com/articles/al ... nbeard.jpg but MUCH smaller and shorter and it is growing very slowly in size.

I can try to get pictures with my older camera if need be. I cant use my new digi due to my father having it to take pictures of his deck being rebuilt.
JMLenke

Post by JMLenke »

looks like it might be Greenbeard, after moving a piece of driftwood over to the 20H it is almost visibly creeping across the entire piece now. If it stays at its current height I will leave it alone and let the plants compete against it.
The other Jeff

Master of growing algae and getting better at plants

Sponsors