Aqvainnova Plants From The Aquatic Experience in Chicago

Discuss specific plants, general plant care, help setting up a plant tank, rare plants, and general help
Aaron

Aqvainnova Plants From The Aquatic Experience in Chicago

Post by Aaron »

I was fortunate to get my hands on some of the new plants being produced by Aqvainnova at The Aquatic Experience in Chicago this past weekend. These are from their new Linea Zero line where they offer emergent grown snail free, algae free, and disease free plants either individually or as themed sets. They are also grown without any soil or rockwool which means once they find some distributors in the US they will be available for sale here! :D

The concept is to have a special refrigerated display that keeps the plants fresh for 3-4 weeks. Next to the display will be a tank with all of the plants grown to their full potential with labels so customers can see what they will look like in their tanks.

The set I have is the Africa Cichlids set which contains 4 pots of Anubias barteri, 4 pots of Anubias barteri var. nana, 4 pots of Lagenandra meeboldii 'Pink', 2 pots of Cryptocoryne parva, and 2 pots of Cryptocoryne becketii. One box is easily enough to fill a 20-30 gallon tank. For example, I was able to split the 2 pots of Crypt parva into 30-40 individual plants.

Here's a shot of what the full set will look like in the store. It looks like a salad, but don't eat those aroids!

Just look at all of those healthy plants. :D

Here's a side shot so you can see the little glass plugs the plants are grown in.

Here's just one pot of the Lagenandra. This could be divided into 4-5 plants.
krisw
Site Admin

Re: Aqvainnova Plants From The Aquatic Experience in Chicago

Post by krisw »

Great write-up Aaron! I'm looking forward to seeing how those Lagenandras do.
Nikhilsk99

Post by Nikhilsk99 »

Nice.. keep us posted.
mbnguyen

Post by mbnguyen »

+1

Sponsors