Multi-tank Systems, Pros & Cons

Insert something witty here...
RTRJR

Multi-tank Systems, Pros & Cons

Post by RTRJR »

Notes from the August 2007 meeting: Some addition explanations or expansions are added as footnotes in parentheses.

In principle these systems are doing the same job as the use of a sump on a display tank to house some, most, or all of the required jobs of operation (heating, filtration, circulation), just expanded to serve more than one tank. The complexity of the plumbing is the primary difference from such tank-with-sump practice.

“Central systemsâ€
Where's the fish? Neptune
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Great write-up Robert! If you would like, I can post this article on the public website in the articles sections?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Thanks Robert and thanks again for hosting a great meetings as always. :D
SCMurphy
Site Admin

Post by SCMurphy »

Thanks Robert, I knew eventually that we'd get you to write something up for the forum. Thank Judith for us, the food was great.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

I wish I could be like Mr. Sarcastic when I grow up! ;)
RTRJR

Post by RTRJR »

Kris - do feel free to public-post the report.

Do I need to remove or expand the web acronyms for that? Or do we assume everybody knows them? I'm sure there must some IME or FWIW in there. I get tired of repeating "in my tanks..." and "for me..." to show thing that are not hard fact, but my preferences.

Sean - I had done notes, mainly to try to keep me on topic and not forget to mention certain items. It only needed to be made a tad less personal and idiosyncratic, which happened while herself was fixing dinner - no other chores were done yesterday, definitely a holiday (I had planted your crypts in the system #1 tank after the meeting) as I had enough chores the last two weeks. Straightening the pool room was the biggest. ;)

All - I'm glad that folks seemed to enjoy it, and do apologize for the AC not being able to keep up with the heat load inside and out. I hope nobody got caught in the storm too badly on the way home. We had 40MPH gusts sixish, which broke a couple of banana leaves and made some Ravenna Grass spikes lean - the flowers started really opening yesterday on that grass. Had they already been developed, some would have broken off. Ten-foot grasses on windy ridges do have certain weaknesses.
Where's the fish? Neptune
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

No need for you to do anything Robert. I'll PM you when I have something for you to review. :-)

I didn't notice any discomfort in regards to AC at the meeting.

Sponsors