Yosemite Valley meadow aquatic plants

Show us your pictures!
seiji64

Yosemite Valley meadow aquatic plants

Post by seiji64 »

Just got back from Yosemite on Sunday. To describe this place as amazing just doesn't cut it.

Took a few pics of the aquatic plants I stumbled across. These were growing by a plank walkway in the middle of the flooded meadow.

And the backdrop to the meadow wasn't too shabby...
If you ever get a chance to visit this place, DO IT!

Doug
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Absolutely beautiful, Doug! I'm going to be going to Yosemite for the first time this September, so you've got me really itching for that trip now! The main stem in that picture looks like Didiplis diandre, but that's not supposed to be found there. Maybe it's Heteranthera dubia? Cavan?
DonkeyFish

Post by DonkeyFish »

Stunning, Doug! Thanks for sharing!

So what did you bring back THIS time? You know, since we all gave you so much grief last time for not bringing anything back... ;)
It is not murder if you're killing snails.
Ghazanfar Ghori
Site Admin

Post by Ghazanfar Ghori »

Nice! I'm going to have to plan a trip out there!
-
Ghazanfar Ghori

seiji64

Post by seiji64 »

The main stem plant that varied in color from light green to rusty red had a width of at least 3 inches. In the 5th picture, I zoomed in on a smaller stem plant with even thinner leaves. That one had a width of around an inch.

If someone can tell me how to legally collect specimens from parks, let me know and I'll bring some back! :) I spoke briefly to a ranger when taking some of these pics. Didn't think to ask him about collecting. He said he was happy that someone was paying attention to what was below our feet instead of just looking up! :)

Doug

Sponsors