CRS

Show us your pictures!
Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

Thank you! Glad they look OK.
I was really being serious. I recently posted this photo that I took awhile ago and processed on my old machine. There it looked nice, color very vivid and the contrast was good. When I got my new computer I saw this photo and it looked awful. The green was very washed out and the fishes colors werent very vibrant. Here is the photo in question

Kris, funny should say that. The 3rd photo is a crop of the first. Probably different sharpening.
Jeff U.

Jeff120
Site Admin

Post by Jeff120 »

jcali10 wrote:You used a tripod didn't you? Some cameras have anti jitter software to correct for shakey hands. To help the heavily caffinated photographer.
Joe, no tripod. Just over head flash and a macro lens and camera. A tripod is to difficult to move around when shooting like this. The lens that I used doesnt have the image stabilization that you speak of, but it is an option. Some DSLR cameras have that built in now, Sony and maybe Opympus I think? Canon, Nikon you need to buy a lens with IS and most of those are in the 1000.00+ range. It is a helpful feature, but seems to work better/be more effective on zoom lenses.
Jeff U.

Tyger

Post by Tyger »

Jeff,

On the quality of the pictures, I know you know that they are stunning captures and, short of being a blind photographer, will leave it with 'stunning captures.' In terms of the color and contrast with regard to ditital images, I have looked them over on my whatever gaming computer and my color calibrated computer (Spyder) where I do all of my digital editing using Adobe LR-PS in the Design Premium Suite and Bibble 5 Pro (for black-n-white work). On both the images look good. Of course on the color calibrated computer, I see more natural less saturated color with a broad spectrum of tonal variations within colors (i.e., on the color calibrated monitor I see muted background variations and backround plants... not just all black; not to mention beautiful variations in white, red, and green).

So, what monitor, color calibration, and digital editing software are you using. I would also love to know the flash arrangment, type of flash, and lense you are using as the capture itself is wonderful.

~Tyger~

Post-Script (Edit): I saw the image on the second page. On my gaming whatever computer, I see what you use to see; however, on the color calibrated computer, I see more natural image though it is more washed out. On the off chance you have neglected color calibration of your monitor, I would sumbit that the different you see is due to the color calibration and quality of your monitor. In terms of color calibration for my monitors, I use Spyder by Datacolor (Express for those on a budget & Professional for those on that level willing to spend). If you have not color calibrated, I would be curious what happens when you color calibrate your older monitor. Best Wishes... ~T~
~Tyger (Michael)~
Annapolis, MD

Sponsors