GWAPA 2015 Aquascaping contest

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
tug

Re: GWAPA 2015 Aquascaping contest

Post by tug »

SCMurphy wrote:Tank has to exist in the current year, so an established (old) tank is ok. An old picture is not ok. I'd like the free for all with the beginner and advanced categories.
+1
Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
Mixed with the sound of water's murmuring
a sensitive plant in a garden grows.
tug

Post by tug »

Could the beginner category be the "free for all" and any advanced category, a specific style for advanced aquascapers?
I would be happy either way - see ya'll at the free for all .
halak

Post by halak »

I would keep both categories "free for all".
Viktor
tug

Post by tug »

If I don't submit something this year, I need to shut it down. :P
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

Update/recap on the Aquascaping contest.

The 2015 aquascaping contest will be "free for all", this means you can enter any tank style, provided it is an aquarium set up and has plants. The tank also has to be current 2015 set up. There will be a beginner and advance category and It is up to you to decide which category you would like to compete for.

There is a $5 contest fee, which you can pay via paypal (please indicate that it's for the aquascaping contest) or pay in person to out treasurer Cristy Keister. I will update this thread periodically as payments are made so we can all see who is participating.

All entries must be a single photo with no photo manipulation. Judging will be by popular choice and will began shortly after contest end. Please submit your photo to gwapa@gwapa.org with the subject line "2015 contest". Please indicate weather you are entering for beginner or advanced in your email. All entries must be received by October 31st by midnight. Winners will be announced and prizes presented at the 2015 GWAPA holiday party.

First place prize in the beginner category will be a 36 inch Satellite +Pro LED fixture. Learn more about these wonderful lights here.http://current-usa.com/aquarium-led-lig ... e-led-pro/

First place prize in the advanced category will a 36 inch Ecoxotic LED fixture. Learn more about these wonderful lights here. http://www.ecoxotic.com/e-series-led.html

This is a great year to participate in the GWAPA aquascaping contest. It couldn't be any easier than free for all so please get to scaping and enter the contest. Lets make this the best contest yet.
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

A few things I forgot to mention:

The contest is only open to GWAPA members in good standing with paid dues for 2015. Only one entry per member please.

If you win the contest but do not live in the area and cannot pick up your prize we will make arrangements to have it shipped.

Please only submit one picture for the contest. The picture should be a front on shot of the entire tank. Please do not take a picture of just a section of your tank, nor of the sides or some funky angle.

It is in your best interest to take the very best picture you can. Removing visible equipment, scraping off algae, cleaning the outside glass, letting any floating debris settle and using extra lights will help you immensely.

Thanks
scientist0724

Post by scientist0724 »

I thought that we were allowed to turn in more than one tank as long as it is set up in 2015.

Arlene
There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.
-Shel Silverstein
JLW

Post by JLW »

No funky angles? :(
><>
GOT MTS?

Post by GOT MTS? »

Funky angles are forbidden :)
Becca
GWAPA Member

Post by Becca »

What makes someone a beginner and what makes someone advanced?

Sponsors