Member Forum Access Updated

Have a comment or suggestion? Let's hear it...
krisw
Site Admin

Member Forum Access Updated

Post by krisw »

The GWAPA board has asked me to go through the forum and update forum access to correspond with our latest member records. If you find that you no longer have access to the members-only areas of the forum, our records indicate that you have not paid your 2012 membership dues. If you feel that our records are incorrect, please contact me or another member of the board. Otherwise, please renew your GWAPA membership.
turfboss

Re: Presentation Glitch on Forum

Post by turfboss »

Kris -

On my all my forum pages - I get the following insert in the middle of all the presentations -that is, when I click on Board Index it appears on the bottom of the page (and as I scroll down it moves up the page) - it is right in the middle of the Hardware Section on the index page. For any of the forum pages it always appears right at the bottom of the screen and scrolls up the screen as I scroll down - so on every other page it is in the middle of some presentation - whether that is a forum title or a member input.

This is what is there -

The team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] Board index • Subscribe forum
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Style designed by Artodia.

It looks like it should be pinned at the bottom but it moves up the page as you scroll and covers the text of other materials - the second line is dark blue and you cannot read through it. This only happens on my PC - Vista OS system - my Windows 7 system has neither the glitch - nor this bar across the bottom of the page as I scroll down the page.

Just a heads up -

George
krisw
Site Admin

Re: Member Forum Access Updated

Post by krisw »

George, what browser (and browser version) are you using? Have to tried clearing your cache? Also, hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on the page refresh button in your browser to see if that makes a difference.

Anyone else having this problem?
jweis

Post by jweis »

krisw wrote:George, what browser (and browser version) are you using? Have to tried clearing your cache? Also, hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on the page refresh button in your browser to see if that makes a difference.

Anyone else having this problem?
No, but I am not running Vista.
Julie
37g planted, 11g planted, and three 5.2g planted shrimp tanks.
150EH

Post by 150EH »

krisw wrote:Anyone else having this problem?

Nope, Windows 7, IE9, if that makes any difference.
Sincerely,
Tim
turfboss

Post by turfboss »

Chris - I do not think the problem is with the web presentation -- More testing has revealed that both my Chrome and FireFox browsers work OK on my Windows 7 machine --- On the Vista machine the Firefox browser works properly but my problem seems to be with the Chrome browser so am working to try to figure out where the problem is - if I hold down the Shift Key and reload a page it corrects for that page but if I go to another forum the same error occurs until I do a Shift Reload on that new page. Obviously the error is in my browser not in the web site software - sorry for the confusion - but good to know that no one else is having the problem - so it is just on one of my machines. I'll get it figured out but thanks for the responses.
krisw
Site Admin

Post by krisw »

Thanks for the extra info, George. It looks like you may just need to clear your Chrome's cache. All shift-refresh does is to force a cache refresh for a particular page. And of course, if you're not on the latest version of Chrome, upgrade! ;-)

Sponsors